It is always good to learn new things and I want to share to you what I‘ve learned this 2013
1. We should always expect every day. Expecting is something that you look forward whether It’s tangible or not. It is a dream that you always craving for. A thing that you would like to experience. It might not always go on your way all the time but this made me productive this year.
2. God is unlimited. He is the source of everything. Abundance and obedience is the key. Ask Him big things so He will give you big things, always remember His timeline. God made my year so memorable with the people He introduced to me. He is limitless so might as well check your phone line and talk to Him again, I can assure you He will never be busy for you.
3. Have the right mindset. This is a domino effect with the right mindset you are expecting the right results. If you think you can of course you can but If you think you cannot then you will end up nothing. Don’t be useless
4. Be grateful every day. Before the end of the year I am proud to say that this year is remarkable. I wrote those things that I am grateful for and amazing it took me an hour to complete it. That means I achieved something and grow more. Try to write it in a piece of paper!
5. Learn from different mentors. I don’t know everything and I don’t need to know everything that is the reason why I love listening to old people who have been there and done that. It is very costly to make a mistake but learning from different perspective and you try to be humble enough to be receptive it will take a couple of months or years before you reap your reward.
6. Avoid excuses. I hate “blamestorming” this never gives me a solution, this year I learned that making excuses is not just waste of time and money. Being negative and having this chronic procrastination will not solve your problem too in the future.
7. Create a vision board. Many of my mentors keep on telling me that I need to create this, I said “why?” they said if you can perceived it then you will achieve it this made a lot of sense to me now because before you create a house you need to have a blueprint or a plan to guide you and to remind you. I encourage you to prioritize it and download all the pictures you want to achieve and print it then pin it in a cork board to remind you where you want to go.
8. Don’t stop dreaming.
Martin Luther king Jr. said that if you have a goal that will give you focus but if you have a dream that will give you power. Learning is fun but dreaming is totally awesome. I dreamt to sing in front of the crowd with 500-1000
people and it happened this year.
9. Believe in your capability. Many will disagree and will mock you but if you believe in what you are doing right now is good then time will tell to those people who is the boss! Just kidding. My self esteem was too low but when a couple of people told me that I am making a difference then that give me a boost to continue and believe it or not this year I became one of the Employee of the quarter.
1. Save and Invest for the future. This year thought me how to properly handle my finances very well with the help of my mentors, my time was properly manage too. I was able to start investing to different mutual funds now plus have my life insurance paid too I kept on increasing my financial IQ and was able to purchased books related to personal finance I even attended different conventions and seminars, played leadership podcast, was able to meet again my long time friends.
Summarize your year. If you think your whole year is not good do not worry because there will be a new chapter and new beginnings. 2ndchances never stop.
David Isaiah Angway is a Registered Financial Planner and a Financial Evangelist